Arbonne International - Do NOT sign up for arbonne

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

Cheers

Helpful? 801 Yes 801 1545 No 1545
Had the same issue 488 Yes 488
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Dec 15, 2015 #1079029

thank you !!! I agree with the comment of making the already wealthy richer. Every Arbonne gathering i've been to the associates are always hosting in lavish, extravagant houses or apartments. Having me wonder how can I get here. not realizing what part of town ive ended up lol. However Arbonne might not be the way to go but the products are good !! thanks for the post

6 2 Reply

Jan 22 #1099427

I think the reasoning behind this is because successful people are smart business people. That is what separates the rich from the poor.

1 1 Reply

Dec 13, 2015 #1077926

All of these companies are pyramids even Avon.
The point is to just purchase the products you like and Need!!!!

5 1 Reply

Dec 13, 2015 #1077877

Why would you sign up if you got a rash from the products? Clearly it wasn't going to work if you didn't believe in the products you were selling. Not rocket science

3 4 Reply

Dec 11, 2015 #1077010

I have to say that most of the things you said on your blog are true. I am an Arbonne consultant and yes the commission is really bad and the real bz like they call it is in recruiting more people. You do spend more than you make. I was already a business owner and from that experience I can tell you that it takes time to get a profit, however with the time consume with Arbonne I could figured it out right away that this bz has something dark in it. I did go to Vegas to their unstoppable event. Yes I had fun, but honestly to me the only difference between that big event and the Arbonne Opportunity business is that there is more glamour and Vegas show for "free" if you can say it's free since you already paid to be there. I was not impressed. For me Arbonne has been just a great tax deduction because yes you do spend more than you make. I am a tax professional, so I am pretty much understand the whole tax deduction thing mentioned by another person.
On the other hand I do like their products. Love the protein and skin care like the fabulous re9 pads. Are the products overpriced? Of course they are, but with my consultant discount I am happy.
I guess my opinion is that I don't believe is a good business opportunity.
Good luck !

8 0 Reply

Dec 07, 2015 #1075041

You just sound bitter.
There's no research here, this is just blatant complaining of someone who's business didn't ***. Find some hard facts about the real downfall of Arbonne and someone might listen. Guess what, earning money takes WORK these people didn't get rich over night. The Vice President alone took seven years to get where she is today. Stop whining.

8 19 Reply

Nov 17, 2015 #1065168

Just an FYI everything is tax deductible and you need to treat this as it is your business. Everyone has their right to an opinion. It sounds like your sponsor failed you. On another hand you are the only one to hinder your success.
There are happy people with Arbonne and there are unsatisfied people and that is with any product line out there.
Just my 2 sense.

16 12 Reply

Dec 02, 2015 #1072868

*Cents, love.

12 2 Reply

Nov 16, 2015 #1064843

Excuse me miss but obviously you havent heard the story of the man that created arbonne. Yes you have to spend some money to make MORE money. Every sales company like nutrimetics/mary kay ect. So i dont understand how pathetic you could be by pin pointing and naming a company that you dislike. If you dont like arbonne thats fine. Arbonne was also created my by a fantastic and smart man that wanted to give women a chance to make money and spend time with family at the same time. Could you possible find a job that you could do in your pyjamas at home while taking care of your children, cooking, cleaning, doing your grocery shopping? You wouldnt have time to see your childrens faces as much as you could if you had a 9-5 job. And if you have children you would understand. My mother is struggling to support my family and when she heard about arbonne she thought she would sign up. And ever since that day we have kept our roof over our heads and is making alot more profit then you state people do. Arbonne is 'science meets nature' so if you would rather use 'cheaper' products or waste your money on products that contain animal-bi products/toxins/mineral oils then so be it. Arbonne is here to help ladies be beautiful on the outside aswell as the inside and i do not one bit like your criticism about arbonne. You are making this beautiful company that gives women and women who are struggling a job a bad name and its disgusting. So instead of the criticism maybe you should open your... Show more

14 28 Reply

Nov 16, 2015 #1064473

I went to an Arbonne party last night and the products are terrible. My face broke out in a violent red rash and burnt like *** for hours. Do not buy Arbonne products, total pyramid-scheme scam, and the products are harmful.

23 5 Reply

Nov 16, 2015 #1064483

Haha wonder if it was the same party...Where abouts?
I did also & luved it!!

5 7 Reply

Dec 30, 2015 #1085877

Oh brother. Your a fake.

6 2 Reply

Nov 15, 2015 #1064252

You absolutely have no clue what you are talking about. I pity you.

4 17 Reply
Disgusted

Dec 30, 2015 #1085879

What makes me suspicious and believe these grievances is that you people can't take ANY criticism whatsoever. Most cosmetic lines are very gracious when someone is unhappy...but not this one. I'm not just walking away, I'm running!!!! Screams pyramid scheme ripoff and CULT!!

9 1 Reply

Nov 09, 2015 #1060837

Haha I was most definitely not "already" wealthy and neither was my sponsor (also best friend and she is a single mother) and we now both have a 6 figure I come through building our business with Arbonne! Not to mention the FREE Benz! We both managed to earn in less that a year! If you are committed, hard working and serious about the business then others will also appreciate your business and enjoy sharing, not selling Arbonne! It is a lifestyle and it is worth it!! For the record... I make my own money and live a very rewarding life because of arbonne and no I do not have a wealthy husband, in fact I don't have one at all! :)

17 15 Reply

Nov 19, 2015 #1066198

Okay, firstly - it is NOT a free Benz. You sign a contract for payments on that car and Arbonne cover the amount. That's fine and dandy, but if something was to happen and you stop working for Arbonne or if the company folds then you are required to cover the remainder of the amount owed on the car. It is simply a flash looking company car that you end up being responsible for if the worst case arises. It's a clever strategy on Arbonne's part (and other MLMs who have similar schemes) - they attach their brand to the luxury image of Mercedez, while firmly entrenching employees in the process. It is a pretty looking obstacle if you decide you want to leave.
I also know a single mother who has climbed the ranks in Arbonne and is doing remarkably well for herself. I am happy for her and the success she's achieved. Yes, it does provide fantastic opportunities, but the aspect that leaves an unpleasant taste in my mouth is how a consultant it reliant on friends, family and the kindness of others to help make sales. I know nearly 10 different women who sell Arbonne. I am sick of being asked to have a party 'as a favour' for friends who are struggling to make the points for the month so that they can climb the ranks.
I own a few products and find them to be alright, but not worth the expensive price tag. I guess the high rate of commission and the fancy cars is covered by the premium price of products (haha, yes, thinking of that famous line I've heard spruiked dozens of times
... Show more

12 4 Reply

Nov 07, 2015 #1060129

My daughter sells arbonne and she only had to invest $70 to get started. She is not hounded. She is a working college student who doesn't need or want to make tons of money, only extra cash each month as she is a college student. She makes $150-$200 a month and is completely satisfied with that.

14 3 Reply

Nov 03, 2015 #1057943

It sounds like you hate MLM company not arbonne

3 4 Reply
Jean

Dec 04, 2015 #1073871 Kingston, Massachusetts

There are many good reasons to dislike MLM companies. Why would you recruit your neighbors, friends and relatives (the "warm" prospects) just so they can become your competitors among the family, neighborhood or church? Do you feel comfortable benefiting by 8-9% on everything they do, just because you found this opportunity? Do you feel comfortable coaching them and prodding them to take care of both "legs" of their "business" so you can continue to profit off of them? How can you "reach out" to strangers instead who also will become your competitors, selling such a hot product? If its all about the hot product (overpriced to cover lots of commissions!) why won't the company let you sell like a superstar at 35% commission and forget trying to recruit? If its truly about the product why is there a constant need for a downline? My sister was going to partner with me in business equally and then found an MLM company and suddenly she thought I would be OK with producing a huge downline while she "coached" me and benefited by 9% on every effort I made, with no chance of my benefiting from her efforts, because she signed on first, just by chance. While I wish her every success, I could see that this model is problematic, at least for me.

2 0 Reply

Nov 02, 2015 #1057535

Just went to a party last week. Sure seemed like a pyramid to me. But companies are usually careful to make one small change so that they cannot be legally prosecuted.
I felt pressured by my friend to go to the Spa Party and feel that it has put a certain wedge in our friendship now, because she reminded me of certain aspects of our two families relationship that made me feel "obligated" to attend. I no longer feel like I can be honest with her. I wont be supporting Arbonne again.

11 2 Reply

21-40 of 771 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.