Arbonne International - Do NOT sign up for arbonne

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

More Review Details

Helpful? 791 Yes 791 1543 No 1543
Had the same issue 484 Yes 484
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Nov 05 #1058970

Bob- NETWORKING!!! That's why it's called a network marketing business. Get out and talk to people you don't know and then, surprise, surprise, you'll have clients that are not your friends and family. This business works if you work it! I am also a DM with Arbonne and negative posts like those in this thread amaze me. Not everything is just handed to you. Thank you, Arbonne District Manager, for your post.

1 0

Sep 20 #1036299

Thanks for posting your story.

2 0 Reply

Sep 17 #1034933

I went for coffee with a friend and then her arbonne NVP had to "drop something off" for me so she ended up bombarding our coffee date. I knew well in advanced I just wasn't interested. I have zero desire to be in sales, and I don't care how you try to jazz it up, it isn't really your own business...
Anyways, the part the really irritated me the most was how the rep started attacking me personally.
Her: "Do you currently like your job?"
Me: "It's not my dream job" (I was fresh out of university, but had gotten a high paying job, it wasn't my ideal job but it was a start and I was making good money and fairly happy.)
Her: "Arbonne can give you financial freedom. How much are your car payments each month? I bet Arbonne can cover them."
Me: "Oh I don't have car payments. I have an older car that I paid for in cash a long time ago." Her: "Well wouldn't you like to take control of your life? Stop driving a sh*tty car, get a job you actually enjoy? You don't get anywhere in life by complaining about your situation. If you want change you need to get up and make that change and Arbonne can help you do that." LOL excuse me? My "sh*tty" car, my job I don't enjoy, do I sit and complain about my life? Did I say I wanted a change? She just came across that the heavens had sent her to me for guidance and an opportunity to change my life. When in reality I am quite happy where I am. I do work hard, I make decent money, I have a career path. I'm not some lost *** with a ***
... Show more

6 1 Reply

Aug 28 #1026519

Beware! is also a multi level marketing or pyramid scheme. They worked on the same premise of recruiting associates, selling a product and making a lot of money. They have been shut down as of august 26th,;2015. Do your due diligence my friends!

8 2 Reply

Aug 28 #1026190

I am an Arbonne rep and THIS IT TOTALLY FALSE!

19 25 Reply

Aug 30 #1027313

If it's false then please explain why you say it's false. Everything this person said is what I have went through. Not only that. One of your sales people thought it was Ok to tell my mentally ill client that she looks fat in order to make a sale. This company is a rip off. The people that work for this company are horrible people and I'm not sure how they sleep at night.

14 6 Reply

Sep 22 #1037271

I think that's a little harsh. Not EVERYONE that works for the company are horrible. You did Arbonne, so are you horrible? Common now. It's the company and those that choose to get dirty to be at the top.

4 1 Reply

Aug 27 #1026046

I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience. I signed paid$79 to start but was never asked to spend $2500.00 I'm so sorry that someone made you feel like you had to buy so many products up front the line I'm in does not do that. We have spa parties and earn our products. I love this opportunity and this company. I was never hounded on any level

14 2 Reply

Aug 26 #1025502

i totally agree with everything you said. I too just started selling Arbonne and regret doing so.

10 4 Reply

Aug 24 #1024133

Same exact thing happened to me - about $2500 investment you know they offer good, better, best and the best to start was $2500. I quickly got to area manager off of this scam, bottom line is it took me almost 4 years to bounce back from this mess - and through it all Rita is now gone, they filed bankruptcy and more. Look at all of the ENVP's that are no longer with the company like Tiffany Obar and Shannon, Sibley Gannon and more. I agree when they want you to sell the business and not so much the product it is a scam.

15 2 Reply

Aug 22 #1023303

Sorry you picked the wrong company...

1 3 Reply

Aug 11 #1018192

This is a heart breaking post, I love my arbonne business and I'm so proud of the company. It's fare call on how hard you work as to how much you earn, our sponsors and up lines never push us and never demand us to do anything. Think you got the wrong end of the stick... I'm growing and building a business. It's all fare and safe. Nothing wrong or nasty!

28 17 Reply

Aug 03 #1015338

This has not been my experience at all. I feel like you had a bad upline that was looking at the bottom line rather than helping a girl out. I have not had nearly that much invested into my Arbonne business. My upline allows me to borrow her kits for parties and it has been stressed that no inventory is needed to be successful. I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience.

19 16 Reply

Jul 25 #1011837

You obviously don't know anything! Firstly Arbonne is not a pyramid scheme and it's called business and investing that you don't know anything about obviously

7 35 Reply

Jul 09 #1005536

Hi, this is an amazing post. Are you in Ontario? I would like to know what you are doing now and more on your experience with this company and your team/up line. You can reach me 647-688-1489

5 6 Reply

Jun 28 #1000930

Participating in a pyramid scheme is a violation of the Criminal Code of Canada, punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment.
Pyramid Schemes are illegal - in ALL 6 countries where Arbonne has been in operation 35 years.
A Toronto lawyer has been featured in the newspapers for her Arbonne business. She is the law. The police are not coming to arrest HER.

9 14 Reply

Jun 17 #996035

I have had no pressure at all to spend money on products. It sounds like your bad experience may not of been about the Arbonne itself but more about the team you were in. My team doesn't push anything on me at all and is just there if i feel I need help with anything. Its unfortunate you had this experience

22 11 Reply

Jun 14 #994982 Mountain View, California

Lol so many arbonnetards hating on her experience...such herd like negative responses is a good measure of a company's tolerance of scrutiny which such tolerance obviously doesn't exist. Arbonne has many positive reviews that they paid good money for!! Slimy pyramid schemes like this attract the most feral moraled wannabes to sell to other wannabes, it's a system that you should stay well away from, and pity those at the same time.

20 19 Reply

May 28 #988960

Wow! I already knew there were dumb ***'s around but this thread takes the biscuit.
Ok, let me give you my story. By profession I am a lawyer (currently considering the offer of partner). I have a degree in law and a postgrad masters degree in finance and economics. I have spent the past 16 years working all hours working my way up through my company after commencing my employment as a legal secretary. I quickly secured a position as a paralegal before securing my two year training contract to becoming a fully practising lawyer. I then spent the next 11 years working my way up the company waiting for my opportunity after others left, promoted, retired or died. I have sacrificed family time, missed holidays, worked many all-nighters, missed my kids' school plays and sports days and, quite frankly, given my all to this company to get where I am today. What has all that got me? I have a great corporate salary and plenty of other financial investments etc etc. However, the reality is I have zero career security (as is the case with every single person that is working a job/career). The fact is that if a company needs to finish a employee/worker then there's very little protection. I've spent my entire professional life building something that can be pulled from under me overnight.
Now you tell me if that sounds like a pyramid scam? It sure does to me - and that comes from someone that's been involved and benefitted from the work of others while they fight their way up
... Show more

52 24 Reply

21-40 of 719 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.