Arbonne International - Do NOT sign up for arbonne

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

Cheers

Helpful? 810 Yes 810 1551 No 1551
Had the same issue 490 Yes 490
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Feb 02 #1105251

hmmmmmmmmmm, sounds to me like you saw this as a quick money making scheme? Building your own business will never be easy, the ground rules of Arbonne are very very clear, you must invest in things to get something out of it. look at people which invest in property and land.
All those products you bought are testers for you to give to prospect clients. how on earth is someone going to buy something off you if u dont let them try. you are not a shark getting a 'quick sale' in arbonne you are someone who builds realtionships and maintains them. Plus , if Arbonne has been great for those NVP, then it could have been for you, you clearly had a huge fear over money which is fine everyone has that but again... you invest to earn more.
Quit moaning it doesn't get you anywhere.
PS Swearing is for people who have nothing to say so all of these ****** won't make you grow as a person.
Happy Arbonne Everyone :)

13 26 Reply

Feb 02 #1105162

OMG what rubbish

7 5 Reply

Jan 31 #1104036

I didn't have that experience whatsoever when I joined the company. My sponsor was very clear with me and explained exactly how everything works. My investment was a mere $800, because that's all that I could afford at the time. I wasn't working and I gave all of the money that I had saved up to start my own business, which I'm not sure if you know but $800 to start a business is peanuts compared to other options that I was exploring at the time. My sponsor told me that I might have to work a little harder to actually make money, which I had absolutely no problem doing. I haven't had to "hound" anyone...I haven't even asked people to sign up or buy product in the entire 6 months that I've been a part of the company. My average paycheque is around $1000...which isn't bad considering that I probably spend less than 6 hours per week working...20 hours/month...which means that my "hourly" wage works out to be about $50/hr. Not bad for a super part time gig. I get all of the support in the world from my nation and my sponsor. I'm sorry to hear about your terrible experience, but I feel as though your explanation is geared out of anger and frustration instead of fact.

12 18 Reply

Mar 02 #1121164

why are there so many arbonne consultants on this webpage? Is it a requirement that arbonne consultants come here and post glowing reviews? How do you have the time to sell arbonne products if you are visiting anti arbonne websites? Did you count the time and effort in coming to this website and posting a pro-arbonne review in the 20 hours you work a month? Cause you should.

5 4 Reply

Jan 19 #1097387

I'm trying to get my girl out of it too, she's been brainwashed by this cult mentality so it should be a good fight.

18 7 Reply

Mar 20 #1131061

Well tell your daughter to work for tx max on minimum wage... very encouraging

0 0 Reply

Jan 17 #1096221

The company has a specific Compensation Summary document that is up to date. You could have read that before joining. In it they are perfectly clear that the average income of 65% of independant consultants is 750$ per year. 26% of them have an average of 3859$.
6% have an average of over 20 000$ per yr. However, 1% of them become Vice President and acerage over 229000$.
So to me, it's like saying that real estate is a scam.
Business is business, depending on many factors such as the product, the investment of time/capital, the network, the timing, the attitude etc. the sales person will be successful or not.
I think your review is a bit stiff.

14 10 Reply

Mar 13 #1126864

On a different point- why are you putting your dollar signs at the end of the amount?
Is that an Arbonne thing? I'm just curious.

2 0 Reply

Jan 12 #1093250

Oh My gosh people. Like EVERY single company and corporation out there - there are always those who find the negatives. I've worked for large corporations and hated something about all of them oh and....let me let you in on a little secret...ppsst...they are all in it for the money. Yes from General Mills to Ford to Banks to L'Oreal btw---- who test/torture on animals, are not vegan, and contain harmful chemicals that seep into your skin and blood. These corporations are making huge money off of you as do the retail stores.
Arbonne does not test on Animals, are vegan and do not contain harmful chemicals that seep into your system. These are a couple of reasons why Arbonne products are superior.
Just because something is sold in a retail store people deem it superior to other products that aren't offered at retail. In my experience, the majority of products that are not offered at retail offer much more value and bang for your buck - not too mention the health and ethical benefits because they don't have to pay the huge programs fees and markups to the retailer. FYI

13 11 Reply
kuei

Jan 15 #1095281 Vallejo, California

I think you GROSSLY miss the point.

9 2 Reply

Jan 08 #1091324

I am not sure why people fall for these scams. Think of it this way. If their product was so great and easy to sell then they would merely post their products on ebay and have a huge warehouse to do drop shipping. WHY do they need you? Because, it's a scam to get your money. Plain and simple. And, if you are still not sure, just google the company name along with the word "scam" or "fraud". I did this and came up with a large amount of fraud hits. If you STILL are not convinced, then you are stup1d and deserve to be played.

22 6 Reply

Jan 08 #1091047

I wonder what company you are talking about? It cost like 75 bucks to sell Arbonne. You got ripped. My wife sells it and I go to the luncheons and dinners and the parking lot is full of white Mercedes that Arbonne pays for. My wife is close to getting her Mercedes paid for by Arbonne since she already owns one. Most of her clients are not family and the no one pays $2500 for anything. I am even getting tempted to do it. My wife makes up to $2000 a month and she has been selling less than a year part time. Flyers and cards are cheap also. I ask you to find someone else to sell under, I think you got scamed. And you can write off everything you spend money on. By the way, people mostly come to her now. Hounding anyone to buy is a bad way to do business.

19 14 Reply

Mar 13 #1126871

I think maybe your wife may have told you a smaller amount to prevent an argument. Very common, "No sweetie, I picked up these shoes on sale for $50" *quickly hiding the receipt for $250*
Very common. Guys do it too, with power tools and boring things like that.
Excuse me, I must go and hide some receipts now x

1 0 Reply

Dec 29, 2015 #1085506

I didn't and don't have that experience. I didn't have to pay all that money you said you had to. I wonder if your upline was misleading you. That is unfortunate- I have worked for huge companies who don't care about their people - this has not been the case with Arbonne. I have constant support and teamwork, meeting new people, making money, while using safe products that my family enjoys. Can you go quit your job right away- no, it takes time to build a business and takes time to build that customer base. No new business gives you that freedom to begin with.

14 24 Reply

Jan 01 #1087080

lol ...keep kidding yourself.

19 5 Reply

Dec 25, 2015 #1083847

You are really negative and that is why you will not be successful. Your vibe will send people running, not the product. It is impossible for Arbonne to be a scam or pyramid scheme. Everyone makes money, not just one CEO or business owner like every corporate job out there. You are extremely uneducated and it's unfortunate that you are so miserable with your own life that you are spreading negativity regarding Arbonne for attention.
I love Arbonne and I have never had one return from even one customer in the year I've been a consultant. Everyone loves it and I have never had to hound anyone to make sales.

11 38 Reply
Nicky M

Dec 17, 2015 #1079941

Thank you! I just had a gold bag delivered to me today and I was thrilled but I now know to stay clear! I also was not aware I have to return the gold bag and product.

21 2 Reply

Jan 12 #1093196

Why would have thought that someone would just GIVE you over $300 worth of products? We cannot all be punished fr the few who do badly. You should have been asked if you would like to try a full size sample of the Re9 in your own home, for 3 days. Then if you would, you could provide your feedback to the consultant and for doing that, be given a discount on the products if you chose to order. Its that simple. No pushy (sign on the dotted line) stuff going on.
If you all don't want to make more than $5,000 a month after 4 months, working 10 hours a week (which is TRUE because I started while finishing law school) then that is your loss. Not ours.

3 8 Reply
kuei

Jan 15 #1095283 Vallejo, California

Did the bag have a price tag on it?

4 0 Reply

Dec 15, 2015 #1079029

thank you !!! I agree with the comment of making the already wealthy richer. Every Arbonne gathering i've been to the associates are always hosting in lavish, extravagant houses or apartments. Having me wonder how can I get here. not realizing what part of town ive ended up lol. However Arbonne might not be the way to go but the products are good !! thanks for the post

6 2 Reply

21-40 of 792 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.