Arbonne International - Do NOT sign up for arbonne

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

More Review Details

Helpful? 787 Yes 787 1541 No 1541
Had the same issue 482 Yes 482
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login

Jun 28 #1000930

Participating in a pyramid scheme is a violation of the Criminal Code of Canada, punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment.
Pyramid Schemes are illegal - in ALL 6 countries where Arbonne has been in operation 35 years.
A Toronto lawyer has been featured in the newspapers for her Arbonne business. She is the law. The police are not coming to arrest HER.

9 13 Reply

Jun 17 #996035

I have had no pressure at all to spend money on products. It sounds like your bad experience may not of been about the Arbonne itself but more about the team you were in. My team doesn't push anything on me at all and is just there if i feel I need help with anything. Its unfortunate you had this experience

22 10 Reply

Jun 14 #994982 Mountain View, California

Lol so many arbonnetards hating on her experience...such herd like negative responses is a good measure of a company's tolerance of scrutiny which such tolerance obviously doesn't exist. Arbonne has many positive reviews that they paid good money for!! Slimy pyramid schemes like this attract the most feral moraled wannabes to sell to other wannabes, it's a system that you should stay well away from, and pity those at the same time.

19 19 Reply

May 28 #988960

Wow! I already knew there were dumb ***'s around but this thread takes the biscuit.
Ok, let me give you my story. By profession I am a lawyer (currently considering the offer of partner). I have a degree in law and a postgrad masters degree in finance and economics. I have spent the past 16 years working all hours working my way up through my company after commencing my employment as a legal secretary. I quickly secured a position as a paralegal before securing my two year training contract to becoming a fully practising lawyer. I then spent the next 11 years working my way up the company waiting for my opportunity after others left, promoted, retired or died. I have sacrificed family time, missed holidays, worked many all-nighters, missed my kids' school plays and sports days and, quite frankly, given my all to this company to get where I am today. What has all that got me? I have a great corporate salary and plenty of other financial investments etc etc. However, the reality is I have zero career security (as is the case with every single person that is working a job/career). The fact is that if a company needs to finish a employee/worker then there's very little protection. I've spent my entire professional life building something that can be pulled from under me overnight.
Now you tell me if that sounds like a pyramid scam? It sure does to me - and that comes from someone that's been involved and benefitted from the work of others while they fight their way up
... Show more

50 22 Reply

Jun 14 #995180

I am someone who is considering becoming a part of Arbonne. I have been approached by consultants in various states. I have attended a so called "DA" meeting a year ago and was not convinced so decided to hold off. I have been approached aggressively recently so decided to give it another look. I don't need another job. I already have the prefect balance whereby I am a freelance consultant working mostly from home so that I can be there for my young children. But I really like the Arbonne products I had tried, so I though I would reconsider. Respectfully, your essay has unfortunately turned me off. And If I were the VP of sales I would have you pull this. Your portraying exactly what everyone is negatively thinking (and saying). I, like you, am intelligent and accomplished. If you have turned me off, imaging all the others that were looking for answers and found this.

19 9 Reply

Jul 02 #1002977

I find it odd that the Frank and realistic view of network marketing and Arbonne she portrays "turned you off". I would be curious for you to elaborate more and not use generic meaningless phrases. No where do you explain how or what she said that made it obvious to all that this is to be avoided? In fact you make me doubt your sharp, astute and intelligent with the general lack of detail or content.

7 9 Reply

Sep 22 #1037285 Lebanon, New Hampshire

Go for a company that actually allows you to make a profit! There are companies that allow you to make 50% no matter if your 1 day into the company or 4 years in making over a million $. Do your research!! But Arbonne? The price for the products alone is just not worth it.. Make a percentage that you can offer out your own discounts! Truly own your own business backed by a global company!

0 1 Reply

Jul 15 #1007910

oh please, don't stop there! Here i was getting all excited thinking that this novel of how amazing you are was never going to end. Hahaha if everyone loved themselves as much as this person does, there would be no need for companies like this.
"Well ill have you all know, that i am actually the most amazing person on this earth. Just ask me! oh.. On second thoughts, I'd rather not speak with any uneducated peasant, i would hate for their stupidity to be contagious! Hhummmppp"
Haha you're seriously cringe worthy!

6 5 Reply

Aug 05 #1016019

wow you really do like to talk about yourself! most boring read ever!!!!
so your advice to everyone (before I got bored of your life story). don't go to university and get a "real job", sell over priced sh*t to people !hahahaha

3 6 Reply

Aug 13 #1018907

Well, I just want to keep this short and simple. I found your comment motivating and inspiring, and thankyou for posting it. It makes perfect sense and you summed it up very well. You have drive and determination, and yes, it is still a business and requires effort, but it's not impossible. Thankyou for your input & for being informatively honest!

4 3 Reply

Sep 02 #1028779

I have been considering to become a consultant and i appreciate your story.
I think you are absolutely right about the "pyramid scheme" most business work that way.
Thank you again because this helped me with my decision.

1 1 Reply

Sep 17 #1035228

Way too long winded to be believable. When lying its best to keep it short and sweet

1 2 Reply

May 26 #988319

Personally I don't care if it's a scam of not because becoming a consultant is not something I would ever do. However I wish people would stop posting on Facebook about it (if you it more than 3 times I unfollow or block you) and stop trying to get me to but this overpriced ***. Pushing your *** product on me is guaranteed to get me to stop asking you over/hanging out. People who do this are sooooooo irritating.

10 3 Reply

Jun 07 #992185 Miami, Florida

Absolutely. If I want a product I'll rea search it then go and find it. Stop pushing these crappy products on everyone. If people are posting or messaging about it on Facebook I unfollow all their posts or unfriend them ASAP.

4 1 Reply

May 23 #987949

This person that posted this is a dumb ***! Clearly does not understand network marketing. If you invested $2500 you are ***! To get started minimum you need to invest is about $400, one re9 set and a gold bag. I became a district manager at the end of my first month and went into area qualification at the end of my 3rd month. I have not done one party, but have sold products. All I do is 1:1 meetings and business launches for new consultants, that's it! If I did do parties, I guess I would be doing even better, but parties isn't my thing. This seems to be the case with alot of American uplines, if you are considering joining I recommend finding an Australian or English upline, they don't focus on parties more sharing the business opportunity. It's worked for me, I am stay at home Mum, and am now earning extra money every month and putting in very little time.

14 12 Reply

May 21 #987161

Mlm is NOT a pyramid business. Get educated before you criticize a whole group of legit business owners

14 14 Reply

May 18 #985942

Thx for sharing I really enjoyed reading your experience. I get approached by these reps all the time I've tried a few fifth avenue / it works and the results are I make a fool of myself trying to recruit friends and family. I refuse to join another pyramid type sales force again. Very few only survive. And the company still will profit even if you try it once or just sign up. The products of Arbonne work for me except the For the mask I break out. And they smell nice I have a girl I purchase them from but I can not get tied up into selling and putting in all the hours to host parties and beg for a sales team.

3 2 Reply

May 15 #984962

Get educate,and don't spread BS

6 15 Reply

May 15 #984898

Pyramid Scheme lol *** People by *** things. The products are marked up wwwwaaaayyyy to high for what it is. I looked at the products and yea they are good but honestly you can get the same things for over half off. Arbonne consultants will keep telling you that Arbonne is "Pure" and Natural from the earth. Technically everything that comes from the earth is "Pure" even chemicals lol. I tried their protein shakes as well as their pre work out and spent over 250 dollars. I went to sams club and got 3 months more and spent only 75 dollars and recieved the same result. I am not saying that Arbonne products are BAD, just people are buying into the name. It would be like me buying a hanes shirt for 5 bucks "drawing a nike logo on it" and selling it to an *** for 30 bucks.

13 6 Reply

Jun 02 #990953

whatever..........sour grapes. Bet you wouldn't complain if the Merc was in your garage..

4 7 Reply

21-40 of 703 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.