Arbonne International - Arbonne Genius product gave me an infection

237 of 351 Arbonne International reviews

My roommate started selling Arbonne products.I ended up at one of the parties and ordered a couple things to support the home team.

She had told me that the products generally run around $30 and so I was surprised when the receipt said this Genius thing I ordered was $90. Whatever, miscommunication maybe, but kind of weird that there was no heads up about how expensive the product was. She told me the genius product worked on keloids, and I have a small one in my ear from having an allergy to nickel; I've had it for 8 years, completely stopped wearing earrings 6 years ago, and have been to the dermatologist several times for cortizone shots.

Anyways, I used the Genius pads on my ear, and the next day, it was really red and irritated. I didn't use it after that, but the day after, my ear became swollen and started bleeding.

Wtf? I'm attaching a picture. My friend who's a doctor said it was infected and I had to go to a doctor. But, before I went to a doctor I wanted to know what was in this mystery product.

Surprisingly, there's little information about what the active ingredients are, probably because Arbonne products are not FDA regulated so they aren't legally required to list them or percentages.

I asked my roommate about returning it, and she said my ear must have been open already so no return.I'm 100% sure it wasn't.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 8 Yes 8
237 of 351 Arbonne International reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Sep 20, 2015 #1036581

Some friend. I'd dump them. With friends like that who needs enemy's?

4 0 Reply
consultant1

Dec 07, 2014 #912630 Mountain View, California, United States

It sounds like you were not given good information from your consultant on several levels. There is a 45 day money back guarantee. Period. No matter what reason. If the consultant isn't willing to give one, contact the company and give them tge consultant info.
We are not physicians and cannot prescribe our products like medication. There are benefits from Arbonne products and sometimes certain conditions are helped by a specific item. Maybe there was a sensitivity to an ingredient. You can find an EXTENSIVE list of every ingredient in each product on the Arbonne website. The total transparency of what is put into their products is one of the reasons I use them and became a consultant. Anyone saying they have had trouble finding ingredients or that Arbonne hides them is misinformed. They state it all.
Unethical people who become consultants and are only out to make a quick buck regardless if they helped anyone is appalling and a total opposite of what this company is about. Helping others is a foundation of Arbonne.
On a side note, giving false information just to bolster your own sales is an unethical practice. When someone asks me about products from other companies I don't bash them. I state how we are different and facts that I have researched from that companies site. I encourage the consumer to educate themselves on what products would be most beneficial to them.
I hope you get your refund. The way your consultant handled this is far from
... Show more

14 4 Reply

Sep 11, 2014 #868868 Barrington, Illinois, United States

So sorry to learn about your experience. My comment to you was converted into a review which you can find under "Arbonne - Review from Barrington, Illinois", but I will try to recap for you a little of what I had posted in my comment.
First, you should have received a receipt WHEN you placed your order. Then you would have known the price. Also, had you received the order form, you would have seen printed on the back of the form that you had 3 business days to cancel your order. It disappoints me to see Mimi below telling you that "it is your responsibility to know the price." Her crying little sad face that she posted really wasn't very nice either. Let's place the "blame" where it belongs, if answering your complaint requires "blaming": the consultant who sold you the product should have given you an order form!
Second, you have 45 days from the date of purchase to return any Arbonne product that you are not "completely satisfied with", less shipping and handling costs. If you had been given an order form, the return policy is stated on the back of the form.
Third, all ingredients for all Arbonne Products are printed on the boxes in which they come in. Your product should have come in a BOX that listed all of the product's ingredients. Also, the Independent Consultant whom you ordered from has access to the ingredients of all the Arbonne Products on the Consultants' website. Was she willing to provide you with the ingredient list? Did she KNOW about
... Show more

11 2 Reply

Apr 23, 2015 #975748

Hi Marielle. I would like to speak to you privately.
Please find me on Facebook.
Tara Gauthier Montoya
San Clemente, Ca

0 0 Reply
salflp65

May 17, 2014 #816367 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Wow I am truly sad to hear of your difficulty with this product and am grateful for your review. I have been approached several times to join this company and sell it's products but due to the difficulty I had in trying to get accurate info on the full ingredients list I have respectfully declined.
I instead became a distributor for a company that has full disclosure and supplies anyone with a customer satisfaction money back guarantee. I enjoy using the products as I have severely sensitive skin and a few years back at a friends party I tried Arbonne and my skin had a terrible reaction to the product that lasted for a week.
How ever it's all good the company I am with are aloe vera based and my skin absolutely loves the products. Your welcome to visit my website which you can find a link to on my G+ profile or One Stop Aloe Shop. I am running a blog on this site and am looking to add as much helpful valuable information as I can :)

4 4 Reply

Apr 11, 2015 #970675 Grand Island, Nebraska, United States

I'm quite sure you would like people to visit your one stop aloe shop.
Makes sense to advertise on another's complaint thread. Some people here don't have a clue. This web site is trash.

3 2 Reply
Consultant

Jan 19, 2014 #775598 Findlay, Ohio, United States

Why would you use genius on your ear? There is also plenty of info regarding ingredients that are available to you.

1 11 Reply

Sep 11, 2014 #868761 Barrington, Illinois, United States

"Why would you use genius on your ear?" ??? What kind of response is that? Lovely...

14 0 Reply
mimi

Dec 04, 2013 #752932

I find this to be nonsense due to the fact that there is a 45 day return policy for one, and if you are buying something its your responsibility to know the price, and the ingredients are clearly on the box, and NO health or beauty product is regulated by the FDA. I could go on but I think you get it. :cry

3 16 Reply

Nov 19, 2013 #744553

Jay assumes that the roommate knew and/or understood the return policy. So, saying that the story is "bull" simply demonstrates just how closed minded you really are.

2 0 Reply
Tz

May 16, 2014 #815850 Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada

From the day it is ordered, not when you receive the product

0 3 Reply

Sep 11, 2014 #868900 Barrington, Illinois, United States

How does his help the girl who had trouble with her ear, apparently didn't receive a receipt, doesn't appear to have received much helpful information concerning how to use an Arbonne product containing powerful agents such as retinoids, and was apparently denied her rightful refund from her ROOMMATE within the 45 day return policy (from the date of purchase, of course)...?

5 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Arbonne International. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Arbonne International.
Filing a new complaint about
×