Arbonne International - Arbonne Genius product gave me an infection
My roommate started selling Arbonne products.I ended up at one of the parties and ordered a couple things to support the home team.
She had told me that the products generally run around $30 and so I was surprised when the receipt said this Genius thing I ordered was $90. Whatever, miscommunication maybe, but kind of weird that there was no heads up about how expensive the product was. She told me the genius product worked on keloids, and I have a small one in my ear from having an allergy to nickel; I've had it for 8 years, completely stopped wearing earrings 6 years ago, and have been to the dermatologist several times for cortizone shots.
Anyways, I used the Genius pads on my ear, and the next day, it was really red and irritated. I didn't use it after that, but the day after, my ear became swollen and started bleeding.
Wtf? I'm attaching a picture. My friend who's a doctor said it was infected and I had to go to a doctor. But, before I went to a doctor I wanted to know what was in this mystery product.
Surprisingly, there's little information about what the active ingredients are, probably because Arbonne products are not FDA regulated so they aren't legally required to list them or percentages.
I asked my roommate about returning it, and she said my ear must have been open already so no return.I'm 100% sure it wasn't.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Genius Pads
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "I used the self tanner by arbonne as directed. I had the worst reaction. I've never had any bad reactions to self tanners from any other company. My eyes swelled...."
- "Thank you all so much for the reviews! It really gives us a lot of info about the product from someone who isn't trying to make a buck! Especially Dee..."
- "I bought my No no for use on facial hair. I used it for 45 days, and it stopped working. I sent it back and got a replacement and started..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- "Had purchaised a MKon 2.10.15 which the very next day wasnt working ! I went to ETHOS for replacement bcz i cant accept it which has stopped working the very next..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."