Arbonne International - Arbonne Genius product gave me an infection
My roommate started selling Arbonne products.I ended up at one of the parties and ordered a couple things to support the home team.
She had told me that the products generally run around $30 and so I was surprised when the receipt said this Genius thing I ordered was $90. Whatever, miscommunication maybe, but kind of weird that there was no heads up about how expensive the product was. She told me the genius product worked on keloids, and I have a small one in my ear from having an allergy to nickel; I've had it for 8 years, completely stopped wearing earrings 6 years ago, and have been to the dermatologist several times for cortizone shots.
Anyways, I used the Genius pads on my ear, and the next day, it was really red and irritated. I didn't use it after that, but the day after, my ear became swollen and started bleeding.
Wtf? I'm attaching a picture. My friend who's a doctor said it was infected and I had to go to a doctor. But, before I went to a doctor I wanted to know what was in this mystery product.
Surprisingly, there's little information about what the active ingredients are, probably because Arbonne products are not FDA regulated so they aren't legally required to list them or percentages.
I asked my roommate about returning it, and she said my ear must have been open already so no return.I'm 100% sure it wasn't.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Genius Pads
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "I used this on my daughter, and she lost significant amount of hair after the first time, after that, when I used it as a detangler, her hair slipped right..."
- " I have worn hair extensions for 5 years and wanted to try something new. I was recommended to try Hot Heads from a few Cosmetologist friends. ..."
- "One day I was asked by my husband to call my credit card company & find out how much was owed, he also asked for the last 10 transactions. One..."
- "I have ordered several things over several years and absolutely love the gear that I get. I understand that the wait is long on some things but the quality is..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."