I was an Independent Consultant and District Manager for 2 years until I woke up and literally ran away from this company. Arbonne reps will tell you half truths, blatant lies and huge exaggerations just to get you to sign up. You will only make it in this business if you are willing to lie and rip off all your friends and family and become an unethical, ruthless individual in the process!
For instance when I signed up I was unaware that I had to spend £100 every single month on Arbonne products to keep my ID and get paid. They didn't mention this at all during the opportunity presentation or when I was signing up. I was definitely not spending £100 a month previously on personal care and health and wellness products. The rep will mention a 'stat' that "the average family spends £70+ a month on products" - I challenge you to ask them to show you the source of such information as the reps often make things up and exaggerate facts.
In the opportunity presentation they don't mention that a business order costs £1,500 to start, they only mention to sign up for an independent ID costs £75. I was surprised after the presentation when they said that it would cost that much. Why not just be transparent and honest up front and mention the business order cost in the initial opportunity presentation? Another thing, the reps are very unethically, if you don't have the £1,500 they will suggest you take out a nought per cent credit card and use it to place the order. Why should someone get themselves into debt just to purchase luxury skincare products???
They keep telling you that Gordon Fraser is making £30,000 a month but let's be honest how many people in Arbonne are making anything close to this type of money? Only 5% of people in Arbonne are taking home the top earnings and the rest of the 95% are struggling to even make £50 a month. Ask your rep directly how much money are THEY MAKING per month and ask to see a copy of their Webstats or commission cheques as they will either avoid answering the question by telling you how much money the top earners are earning or they will say its not about how much I earn, it's about how much you're going to earn - again, ask the rep for evidence of earnings.
The compensation plan is POOR and is so complicated that even Albert Einstein himself couldn't understand it. Most people after spending thousands of pounds on orders will only receive a commission cheque of £10. You will be making a loss every month and it won't cover the monthly running costs.
The white Mercedes that you receive during a car presentation when you reach VP level is on hire purchase and you don't actually own it. If you don't reach your sales targets every month they take the Mercedes away.
They don't tell you that every month your volumes fall to zero and NOTHING from the previous month gets carried over.
The rep will tell you that the products are so great that they 'sell themselves.' That is an absolute lie as most of your friends, colleagues and family will tell you that the products are TOO EXPENSIVE and they will stick with the products that they are already purchasing from other stores.
They will tell you that you don't need to be a salesperson to be successful in Arbonne - that is a total lie as you have monthly targets to hit and you absolutely have to sell preferred client orders and ideal business orders to prospects.
Every week you are expected to call a premium 0845 number for an hour of training and the Leadership Academy and various training has a cost.
They will say that you don't need to have a lot of time to do this business as it fits around your life is also a lie - in order to make it work you have to eat, sleep and drink Arbonne by attending all of their endless events.
They expect you to hound your friends and family for orders and don't teach you practical skills, for example, how to market your business online or how to get hits on your website so that you don't have to bother them. I totally regret introducing this to my friends as I've fallen out with school friends over it and our friendships have never recovered from it. True friendships are priceless and shouldn't be jeopradized for the sake of Arbonne INC who are the real winners at the end of the day.
I could honestly go on and on and on. In closing if I could turn back time I would NEVER have signed up to Arbonne. It was a waste of time, money, resources and effort. Please run in the opposite direction of someone with a gold bag and don't allow your wives, partners, sisters, mothers etc to get sucked into their web of lies. There are several negative reviews from ex-consultants and customers and we can't all be wrong!
Reason of review: Poor customer service.