Woodbridge, Ontario
120K views 837 comments

Well just over 5 months ago I was sucked into signing up for arbonne. I was given my golden bag and rather enjoyed the products, then the smooth talking consultant comes back to retrieve her bag and talk all about how you can earn extra money and how being your own boss is amazing, gives you the financial freedom you need, blah blah blah absolute ***!!!!! I thought I was a smart women, I went home did my research on the company, asked my sponsor a million and one questions prior to signing on and even came up with a budget for what I would like to invest financially into this business...well it seems my sponsor thought that amount was far too low so now i'm currently in quite the mess because the women ended up paying for the rest she " considered" reasonable to invest to get my personal qualifying volume up to par. ( makes me vomit just thinking about it)

Anyways about the company........they do these recruiting sessions with the NVP which is where they stuff a million vulnerable individuals (mostly women lets be serious) in a room and discuss how great arbonne has been for them and their friends and go on with their pathetic excuse for a power point presentation and talk about the massive cheques they keep getting in the mail for selling products we already need and use on a daily bases.....blah blah blah. I find it most hilarious that they do these recruiting sessions generally in the evening so usually right after work and yet they don't offer you a drink or a appetizer....NOTHING yet they are making $250,000 + a year. Oh and lets not forget they also hound you right afterwards to discuss the presentation and to sign on the dotted line. So not only are you starving but you must fork over a minimum in most cases $2,500.00 which will conviently be placed your high interest credit card.

If you think that you are selling arbonne products think again!!! This entire business is NOT one bit about selling it is about finding "builders" which means finding friends and family to hound to invest their hard earned cash into, so that inturn they too can hound people into multiplying the pyramid. After doing just one party when i first started i was excited but after selling a couple thousand dollars worth of product and being even further excited for my commission cheque to only find out that majority of the products sold were considered " business aids" and when you sign up preferred clients ( which they want you to do since it looks better and they pray that this person will convert to consultant status) that you only get a pathetic 15% profit on. And before you even begin to receive that lovely excuse of a commission cheque you have to maintain a 150 pqv which means you basically need to fork even more of your hard earned cash into the company to receive this bonafide cheque. These are all the little things they DON"T mention at these "recruiting sessions" which by the way they call DA Meetings in arbonne lingo. Also they expect you to invest a minimum of $2,500.00 for a whole lot of *** you don't need to " start your own business". Luckily I didn't invest that much but I invested enough. They also make you print off these prospecting folders they tell you to do it at work....yeah full colour and about 500 sheets since they want you to have enough for every single person at the party!! Well I work in a small office so that wasn't going to happen....$100 dollars later everything was printed and what a load of ***!! Oh and don't get sucked into purchasing the business cards they are awful and another poor investment on your part. So basically you have now spent $2,500.00 on products you don't need, plus around $100 for prospecting folders that you will hand out and get right back, plus $75.00 for business cards, plus your gas, plus your time = setting yourself for failure.

The one and only way to make money in this business is to hound every last person you know to purchase product and pray to the gods that they will also fork over their hard earned cash. I too only wish that they had these blogs that i am seeing today up here about what kind of business this company is running. These sponsors think they have hit the jacket when they finally get you to come on board and trust me they turn to *** when you are unsure or want out. Also from analyzing majority of the groups of arbonne families around me every last one of them that is actually making a decent coin off this are ALREADY wealthy!!! they ALLL have husbands that are very well off....these are stay at home moms that literally have nothing better to do with their time since they have maids and nannies which were already in the mix prior to signing onto arbonne. I feel sorry for the young girls just like myself that get sucked into the dream of wanting to make some extra cash when in the end i'm out a *** load of money!! Another few pointers they don't point out at these " recruiting sessions" with no food or drinks is that you really have to keep in perspective your time and money. You have to waste gas recruiting people, dropping off the gold bag, picking up the gold bag, hosting parties all over the city, going to these DA meetings.....its A LOT!!!! They are all liars that say it takes just a few hours of your time. Thats a load of SH**, I can't even tell you how much money I am out just from the gas and photo copies alone. All in all DON"T do it!!!! The products are digustingly overpriced for what they are, so good luck finding people that can even afford them. They specify all natural but i got a rash from quite a few of the products and i've done multiple allergy tests and none of the " natural" ingredients have I ever been allergic too in its original state. SO Beware!!!! And learn from everyone that is posting on this website. The arbonne community that is going to comment that I am a just a bitter women that didn't make money at this because i'm lazy or whatever excuse you may want to come up....save your breath! I am merely pointing out simple facts and I am rather angry what has happened to myself and others in the same situation. The only thing I actually got from this entire experience is that I will NEVER in my life do a MLM company and the biggest lesson of all trust no one! You must look out for yourself and yourself only since everyone is only in this for themselves so why bother wasting your time and money trying to get already wealthy people richer.

I truly hope that this reaches others!

Cheers

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Arbonne International?

Comments

Amsterdam, New York, United States #1243135

It is all a scam. Pushy - annoying sellers who don't stand behind their products. I bought eye cream -$65 - it swelled my eyes shut and the seller didn't even offer a refund!

to Anonymous Sanford, North Carolina, United States #1271500

That is untrue.Arbonne offers a 45 day guarantee on all of their products.

All of you who had a problem with your products or investment could have gotten 100% of your money back.

This is unnecessary and by your obvious lack of intelligence, manners or class it's obvious why you couldn't make it in this business.I'm fairly certain none of you have probably done well in ANY business with this attitude.

HelenaG

Yes I agree and totally understand you, there are lots of people out there that are very pushy and inexperienced, something that I think we all have done that at some stage at the beginning of our journey with our businesses.There are good and bad consultants or representatives of the company but that does not mean that the product, company or business opportunity is bad.

I am standing up for Arbonne because I love the whole system, the products, as a person that has been involved with the company for four years and know how it works and what it is about, otherwise I would not even consider giving an opinion.

We are all independent consultants, we are all responsible for our own businesses, we all work for ourselves but not by our selves but that does not mean that neither or Arbonne is responsible for the people that I introduce into my team as we are all adults and grown up people.

I am sorry that you think in that way but how could you say such thing without even trying it out.

I have been doing Arbonne for the last four years and yes, I can not claim yet that I have achieved financial freedom but Arbonne is the the best tool that God has used to give me hope and a better way in life.

I was a very successful business woman withing the catering and dancing industry but due to health (Cancer) issues a divorce that led me to bankruptcy, and other health diagnoses that followed from Cancer I lost everything and Arbonne has given me...

It is wrong to speak of someone of something in this way without even trying or knowing anything about it. We have incredible product and an amazing business opportunity. The only people that do not succeed with Arbonne or any other network Marketing company are the people that give up easily, don't want to follow the system, don't invest the time to do training , educate themselves and learn the system and about the products.

There are many people that I know personally from day 1 in Arbonne that are earning over £8.000.00 plus per month but they are people who have invested time and have put effort into their business. Arbonne is an effort based business that has been going for over 36 years and is owned by Bank of America, General Electric and affiliated to Mercedes Benz and Tiffany Jewelry, four very large and successful companies that would not invest their money or put their reputation at risk for something that it not worthy. They know where they put their money for sure. I do hope and pray that you find peace, happiness in your heart because only someone with a very bitter heart would go out there to speak in this way about someone or something.

I pray that God will feel your heart with love, respect, peace and JOY.

Many thanks for reading and HAVE A GREAT EVENING EVERYONE...:-) This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

BILLY SUNDAY
to HelenaG Santa Clarita, California, United States #1298974

GET A JOB.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #1227469

Yas girl yassss!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1221534

What was the purpose of going into business for yourself?Did you think you were just going to sit around and NOT work?

It sounds like you were working to get clients for a business you would have eventually receive commission on. I am pretty sure you have to "work" at a regular job but you have no choices to make more money for yourself by finding your own clients.

If you believe in a product, this is called WORK.

As far as the product...all botanicals pose reactions to skin!

The manufacturers of those other products put massive amount of chemicals & fillers into their products so you think its doing what its supposed to! It sounds like you know nothing about botanicals. It sounds like you know nothing about network marketing.

It sounds like you know nothing about working.So before you post something so *** sounding, do your research!

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada #1215379

Ya....you figured it out.

The point of the company is to spread the company. Ya you can sell some skin care products along the way, but thas not where the money is. I don't sell arbonne by the way. I run a business, and you are very right dont trust anyone with you lively hood.

When you lose money it's your fault not anyone else's. If you don't want to.hound people to push your product don't run your own buisness. You won't find a realator on earth not trying to weasel their way into your house sale.

And any arbonne agent not trying to get you to buy their product and more importantly get you on board isn't looking out for their business and their first priority...themselves.Business is a ruthless world and arbonne will not escape the nature of it.

Greensburg, Pennsylvania, United States #1209415

I respectfully disagree.That is not how we do business in Arbonne.

We have integrity, respect, passion, big hearts and never push or convince anyone to do our business or use our products.

If what you say is in fact true, I'm sorry about your experience with Arbonne, and consider finding a different consultant and try again.All the best to you!

BILLY SUNDAY
to Anonymous Santa Clarita, California, United States #1298975

ITS JUST LIKE OUR MONEY: IN GOD WE TRUST. ALL OTHERS PAY CASH .

Olympia, Washington, United States #1206535

I sold Arbonne, hounded my friends, the whole bit.One day, a good friend tricked me into bending over her lap on the couch and gave me a SPANKING!

Yes. You heard that right. A good old fashioned Spanking. She said it was from all of my friends and that I needed it.

I agreed later, not then. What these pushy consultants need is a wooden paddle on their butt for a few minutes and then they return to being human again. Seriously.

They all need a Spankin'!Get them out of that cult.