4.9K views

I purchased the Arbonne Advantage kit from my sister-in-law, who is an Arbonne Consultant, after she claimed that those products worked on her in less than 12 hours. She also bragged about the success of this multi-million company and how it has transformed the lives of many individual distributors. To satisfy my curiosity, I even went out with her to one of her Arbonne meetings and I was introduced to her Regional Vice President that drives a company Mercedes Benz.. I've learned from their presentation that the success of this business primarily depends on how many people you can recruit to become consultants and not really on how well the products work on the consumers. Moving on, I decided to try those products first on my stubborn acne before I sign up as a consultant. Here's my experience:

Week one - No improvement

Week two - Saw more pimples than ever before and I developed cystic acne

Week three - (Thought it might have just been an initial breakout cycle so I gave it another try and only used it once a day) The result? One hundred times worse!!! I could not even cover it with make up anymore that everybody could help but notice the dramatic change on my face... Very bad

To my frustration, I called up my sister-in-law and told her how my experience went. She admitted that she had the same reaction and had to stop using them for a while. Instead, she used toothpaste and mouthwash to undo the damage. That's when I decided to return all the products and I had to pay the shipping which was $15. I told my sister-in-law that I would never sign up as a consultant and she called me a 'loser'. With my horrendous experience with their products and with the kind of attitude which most of these Arbonne consultants have in common, I say no thank you. I may not become a millionaire in my 9-5 desk job but at least I have dignity. I don't make false claims in order to make a sale . I'd rather stand up for my work ethics and have morals at this point. If you want to read more stories about their products, go to complaintsboard.com

Comments

I completely agree with you. They are the worst products and gave me such a bad allergic reaction and severe dry skin that I can't use anything on my face without it stinging.

I never usually have sensitive skin or get spots but these products have ruined my skin.

I wrote a blog post on my experience with Arbonne because I think everyone should know how bad and false the products actually are.

to Lane #929838

Is there anything you have found to help your skin? I used their products for one month & now have horrible dry red patches under my skin and above my eyes.

My face constantly feels parched and crackly. I always had good skin and looked younger than my age.

Now I look so much older. Very frustrated.

Grand Junction, Colorado, United States #837696

My Wife uses their products and loves them!!! I love their protein powder and use them for Smoothies every morning. I guess its just like the drugs FDA approves every year with people having the side effects of them.

Albany, New York, United States #669073

I accidentally clicked on the *** button! I don't think that at all. :)

Miami, Florida, United States #634792

I am appalled. I am disgusted. I am frustrated.

My best friend wanted to get into the Arbonne business because she wanted something in her life to give her fulfillment. Something she thought God was leading her towards. Something she thought was going to be a positive in her life. Something that could give her success and fulfillment.

Before she went on-board she went to the training, met the women and researched Arbonne. Ultimately, after several weeks of considering, listening and praying, she decided this was her opportunity.

She was 100% enthusiastic and was 110% devoted. She aligned herself with a Regional Vice President in who initially took her under her wing for the first three weeks.... then soon to be found that words do not necessarily align with actions. A double edged sword was yielded. Two mouths opened and not one making any sense over the other and certainly not coming together in alignment.

This Regional Vice President is a fool and self-fish and a control freak. If you are a supposed 'big shot' and a 'mentor' and a 'Regional Vice President' and if you are growing your business relying on others to come into your team to make you successful.....then grow up, be mature, accept all personalities, accept all people, learn how to be a team leader, take some leadership courses, take some life courses, take some managerial courses, learn how to coach, learn how to be supportive. You are supposed to be an example.

Set the example.

Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth. Talking about wanting to get involved as partners. Having my friend come in as a ‘training inspiration’. Building my friends confidence by telling her that you have not seen anyone as enthusiastic as her. Telling her she has a lot of potential and that you will help her build her up-line. Telling her you would help her build her business. Then, ultimately act differently than what you say, what you offer.

Here my friend is opening herself up to something new; new people, new opportunities, new hopes, new dreams, new possibilities. You bring her in, pump her up then turn around and say that you are intimidated by her. She makes you nervous with her watching you as her mentor. What?

My friend was so excited at that things this woman said, at the things this woman pumped into my friend and got her excited and got her to drive all over the area as a side kick attending these spa's all in one weekend in anticipation of getting prospects for her up-line. As promised by this woman.

My friend re-arranged her personal life and work life to come and be present, be supportive in hopes of getting these so-called recruits so that she too could be a part of the Arbonne dream. Then, when it came down to the actual spa's that weekend, instead of being a good leader, instead of being a good partner, instead of fulfilling her promises to support my friends up line - instead, instead, instead – instead of all of that..... this woman requested that my friend sit in the kitchen alone because this woman felt over-whelmed and stressed out by my friend’s presence. What? Who do you think you are?

Not only did you ask my friend to sit in the kitchen away from the group, but you didn't even introduce who she was or why she was there to the spa party. Everyone wondering why she's there? How awkward. Who do you think you are?

Oh we are not finished yet. So not only did you make my friend drive all over the area running on false promises, but when she got to these spas to support you and be a partner what did you do? You ask her to hide in the kitchen by herself while you worked your 'so-called magic'. You did not introduce her to anyone, you did not let her participate when the recruiting occurred to these so called 'up line recruits' and then when it came to scheduling time with these so called 'up line recruits' you were going to let her have not only did you not let her talk but you scheduled appointments and didn't even ask about my friends schedule! You simply scheduled appointments for recruiting that where supposedly for my friend and didn't even ask my friend to join the discussion or ask about availability of her schedule? Who do you think you are?

We're still not done. Then, at the very end of this exhausting, humiliating, self-deflating weekend ...after the very last spa you outright questioned my friends loyalty to the program.

You questioned her dedication. THAT my friend really means.... you: questioned her loyalty; you questioned her weeks of confirmation and prayer to even joining this ridiculous organization; you questioned her believe; you questioned her confidence; you questioned her goals; you question her perseverance.

You filled her with false promises that if she did this marathon-spa weekend that she could get the recruits and desperately needed get the extra business she needed to make a certain ‘quota’ for that month. Not only that, but you then you turn around and send her deflating notes like - ' Okay girl, time to get serious’…..’Ok girl, we need to get you going’….. ‘Ok girl,’……blah blah blah…… You know what, 'girl'. You listen up.

My friend has worked really hard and sells an average of $1000 per spa. I’d say that’s not too bad considering she’s only been doing this…..OH…JUST A FEW MONTHS.

You know what ‘girl’. My friend’s average sale per spa is more than your average in sales per spa and you ‘girl’ are a Regional Vice President.

You are intimidated by my friend because she’s good at this? You are intimidated because her average spa sale is more than yours? You are intimidated because she had a dream just like you did and is working hard at succeeding just like you did? You are intimidated because she brings a different kind of enthusiasm, involvement, professionalism and confidence to this program? What is it ‘girl’? You tell me?

What are you intimidated over? Why do you offer something only to turn around and take it away? Why do you not only take it away, but then you send conflicting messages like she’s not working hard enough?

You make promises and then your ridiculous, self-serving actions clearly state otherwise. Don't turn around 'girl' and give MY friend weekly notes telling her and making her feel she's not doing everything she possibly can to get her business going. She has busted her *** these last two months.

Who do you think you are?

How deflating. How humiliating. How unsupportive. How un-leadership like. How un-fellowship like. How un-motivational. How un-professional. How absurd.

Aren't you supposed to be building people up? Building their confidence? Building their trust? Building a business?

This is one *** of a lousy way to build a business.

I am writing this because I am fired up. I am mad. I’ve been listening and being supportive of my friend but people need to know what’s happening on the ground- level, in the trenches.

Everyone and every circumstance is different. But, think long and hard about my friend’s situation and if you like the way my friend was treated, then by all means join Arbonne.

London, England, United Kingdom #620997

I signed up as a consultant, thought I'd try some new products with a discount. The products are ok but not worth the price once the 20% Vat and shipping costs are added in.

What really p*ssed me off was being told that if I spent 200.00 GBP on products in the first month, I would receive another 200.00 GBP of products free at point of order, in order to help me "Arbonnise" my home. I contacted my upline when I was ordering to ask where I could see the free products and she told me I actually had to spend 250.00 GBP to get any free products and I would be emailed after my order had been processed and my card had been charged. I submitted my order, received the products I had bought - 250.00 plus 50 Vat and 16.00 shipping and contacted customer services about the free products. I was told that the were no free products and to report my upline but other than that there was nothing they could do.

So I won't be "Arbonnising" my home. As I said above, the products are ok, but not better than a medium end retailer and I won't be buying anymore as I don't like being lied to in order to get my upline's qvs up. She then asked me when I was going to buy my 6 gold bags, hmmm, is sharing cosmetics not unhygeinic?

Why no smaller bags of samples, surely they would be cheaper and cleaner than sharing out full RE9 sets between strangers. Opinion - ok cosmetics but out of control / scamming business model.

Arbonne products are nothing but mediocre and can even cause you irritations if you have very sensitive skin. If you do your research, majority of the people who have tried those products will attest to that. Only those desperate Arbonnized *** will tell you otherwise.

I use Arbonne RE9 daily moisture and it seems to be fine. I am not a one brand person, I also use Proactive cleanser, Estee Lauder night cream and Serum, Dead Sea Mineral toner and Loreal eye cream.

I don't have sensitive skin or acne prone skin. I am over 35 and have started using facial care products for the >40 group in an attempt to thwart wrinkles.

The RE9 works for me and has an SPF in it, but when I tried using the full line the scent was a bit much for me.

I find that I can use one bottle of a product and then have to switch to another for the next bottle to continue to have effective skin care.

I have a friend who sells arbonne and is dying to have me as a recruit. Unfortunately I scour the web endlessly for the good, bad and the ugly.

Arbonne is not All natural, pure, or always beneficial. And the comment about UPS is silly. Meiessence has a negative carbon footprint. How's that?

Or how are they rated with fed ex? Who cares.

If they don't have anything to hide make the ingredients easily accessible to anyone, and sign the compact for safe cosmetics and join ewg. Who care if they are "above it" if you have nothing to hide, don't hide!!

Get a life, Chloe! If you're that confident with your products then there would be no need for you to be on this website, lurking on every comment and review.

Good products speak for themselves.Being so arrogantly defensive does not change facts. Just sayin :)

Chloe is obviously drunk on the kool-aid. LOL

Arbonne needs people like Chloe to keep them afloat.

Of course anyone with a business sense will know how all companies are going these days- WITH DEBT!!!!! Arbonne is no different.

Keep thinking it is good with the cars and trips....... Good luck!!!!

Wow..I don't know who you are, Chloe. I am only here to speak about 'the truth' about my own personal experience.

Your obnoxiousness does not bother me at all, dear :) The decision not to pursue the whole Arbonne business, is by far the BEST DECISION that I have made .

I love what I do especially when I know that I help people and I have not deceived anybody for personal gains :) As far as Karma is concerned, my life especially my marriage is running ten times better eversince I completely stayed away from anything that concerns this huge pyramid scam. So, I guess that's the Karma that I get :)

to TheTruthShallPrevail Grand Junction, Colorado, United States #837699

I love the mens shaving cream it works for me and has not bad chemical in it. It last long than the shaving cream i used to buy so price is about the same. Love Arbonne!!!

@Ben- The Chapter 11 you like to bring up, once again. That's old news.

That happened over two years ago, it wasn't liquidation bankruptcy either. They restructured the business and removed people who weren't helping the business. When a company liquidates-they do not do company cars and trips-Arbonne is still giving out cars and trips(I just got MINE and I'm also going to Punta Cana for FREE) I started working with the company in DECEMBER..HELLO!! Arbonne is only going to grow-that's why they restructured.

Home Depot GNC, Macy's, All reconstructed. They get rid of their interest debt, to grow the company-it's like refinancing your house. It' what big companies do. I spoke a good friend of mine that is in contact with a LAWYER who looked into the matter, before WE ALL JOINED, He saw the affidavit - and said "Arbonne is secure."

Arbonne is private stock- We have NOT gone public yet.

You have no idea what you are even talking about. Where did you get the info about how much Arbonne is worth? As far as Arbonne being green. Once again you're a LIAR.

We are constantly looking for ways to not only minimize our impact on the earth, but to leave it better than we found it. Our green initiatives span sourcing, manufacturing and operations, lightening our carbon footprint with each step forward. Taking the lead in our industry, virtually all of our product shipments are certified carbon neutral. Working together, we grow greener every day.

We have soy based inks, new slim lined recyclable bottles and packaging and other green initiatives.

Arbonne is an eco-friendly company with a 0 carbon footprint AWARDED by UPS - WE ARE the only company to ever have this recognition!

Anything else you want to lie about. I have plenty of facts to discredit everything you say.

Ok Chloe, you don't know the money part of Arbonne. It use to be owned by Harvest Partners, not private stock. Never on the stock market. Yes, they are owned by banks who took over the debt in the Chapter 11 process. So they had over 800 million in debt. The bank took it over so the debt went to 250 million.

ARbonne is not in the Green. They are still in debt and are hoping to get more sales. The sales were under 300 million last year. Now that means without paying consultants, suppliers, Kay, Peter etc. So that was just he sales. Once everyone is paid they made a bit. They need to make over 2 billion a year to get rid of the debt they still have.

You don't understand how debt works.

As far as the chapter 11- Arbonne is not owned by banks. Arbonne is private stock, NO ONE knows how much the company is really worth.

STOP SPREADING LIES. You should be ashamed of yourself!!

Just because a SPECIFIC product didn't work for you does NOT mean all of the products are "Bad" Everyone's skin has different needs. Bad mouthing a company because you have no idea what you're truly talking about is sickening.

Seriously ladies, grow up. Also, other MLMers are out their to SABOTAGE the company, because in FACT we are going to be a GLOBAL Skin care giant. Oh and "The Truth" You're SARAH'S sister, Wow you have some nerve to be posting LIES all over the internet. Talk about KARMA it's coming your way.

Instead of trying to destroy everything SARAH is doing, how about you SEEK a therapist, it's bad enough you want to torture her on a daily basis and NOW you want to bash this company. You're one sad little lady.

Side Not Arbonne is the #1 SKIN CARE COMPANY ACCORDING TO THE AMERICAN MODELING ASSOCIATION. Get your facts right people.

It was the Clear Advantage set which I used that totally irritated and damaged my skin. Thank goodness, I now have an amazing dermatologist who takes really good care of my face.

I won't trust anybody else or anything else on my skin anymore other than doctors. Arbonne is definitely not for everybody and from my experience, it has not even come close to high-end or premium brands that I've tried before.

to TheTruthShallPrevail Grand Junction, Colorado, United States #837700

Wow!! Just look at all the side effects that drugs do to people including Dermatologist face cream.

Just look at the label and all the side effects that come with your Doctors drugs he writes a script for. Does your doctor give you any of his profits he makes off of you???

the re9 set is def not for acne! It has lots of potent vitamin C which may cause irritation if you have skin that is broken out!

Your sister-in-law was being greedy because there are two much less expensive Arbonne lines for Acne/irritated skin.

First is the Clear Advantage which is under $65 for a four piece set! and then there is the FC5 which i use and it REALLY works!