4.8K views

I purchased the Arbonne Advantage kit from my sister-in-law, who is an Arbonne Consultant, after she claimed that those products worked on her in less than 12 hours. She also bragged about the success of this multi-million company and how it has transformed the lives of many individual distributors. To satisfy my curiosity, I even went out with her to one of her Arbonne meetings and I was introduced to her Regional Vice President that drives a company Mercedes Benz.. I've learned from their presentation that the success of this business primarily depends on how many people you can recruit to become consultants and not really on how well the products work on the consumers. Moving on, I decided to try those products first on my stubborn acne before I sign up as a consultant. Here's my experience:

Week one - No improvement

Week two - Saw more pimples than ever before and I developed cystic acne

Week three - (Thought it might have just been an initial breakout cycle so I gave it another try and only used it once a day) The result? One hundred times worse!!! I could not even cover it with make up anymore that everybody could help but notice the dramatic change on my face... Very bad

To my frustration, I called up my sister-in-law and told her how my experience went. She admitted that she had the same reaction and had to stop using them for a while. Instead, she used toothpaste and mouthwash to undo the damage. That's when I decided to return all the products and I had to pay the shipping which was $15. I told my sister-in-law that I would never sign up as a consultant and she called me a 'loser'. With my horrendous experience with their products and with the kind of attitude which most of these Arbonne consultants have in common, I say no thank you. I may not become a millionaire in my 9-5 desk job but at least I have dignity. I don't make false claims in order to make a sale . I'd rather stand up for my work ethics and have morals at this point. If you want to read more stories about their products, go to complaintsboard.com

Had an Experience with Arbonne International?

Comments

I completely agree with you.They are the worst products and gave me such a bad allergic reaction and severe dry skin that I can't use anything on my face without it stinging.

I never usually have sensitive skin or get spots but these products have ruined my skin.

I wrote a blog post on my experience with Arbonne because I think everyone should know how bad and false the products actually are.

to Lane #929838

Is there anything you have found to help your skin?I used their products for one month & now have horrible dry red patches under my skin and above my eyes.

My face constantly feels parched and crackly. I always had good skin and looked younger than my age.

Now I look so much older.Very frustrated.

Grand Junction, Colorado, United States #837696

My Wife uses their products and loves them!!! I love their protein powder and use them for Smoothies every morning. I guess its just like the drugs FDA approves every year with people having the side effects of them.

Albany, New York, United States #669073

I accidentally clicked on the *** button! I don't think that at all. :)

Miami, Florida, United States #634792

I am appalled. I am disgusted. I am frustrated.

My best friend wanted to get into the Arbonne business because she wanted something in her life to give her fulfillment. Something she thought God was leading her towards. Something she thought was going to be a positive in her life. Something that could give her success and fulfillment.

Before she went on-board she went to the training, met the women and researched Arbonne. Ultimately, after several weeks of considering, listening and praying, she decided this was her opportunity.

She was 100% enthusiastic and was 110% devoted. She aligned herself with a Regional Vice President in who initially took her under her wing for the first three weeks.... then soon to be found that words do not necessarily align with actions. A double edged sword was yielded. Two mouths opened and not one making any sense over the other and certainly not coming together in alignment.

This Regional Vice President is a fool and self-fish and a control freak. If you are a supposed 'big shot' and a 'mentor' and a 'Regional Vice President' and if you are growing your business relying on others to come into your team to make you successful.....then grow up, be mature, accept all personalities, accept all people, learn how to be a team leader, take some leadership courses, take some life courses, take some managerial courses, learn how to coach, learn how to be supportive. You are supposed to be an example.

Set...

Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth. Talking about wanting to get involved as partners. Having my friend come in as a ‘training inspiration’. Building my friends confidence by telling her that you have not seen anyone as enthusiastic as her. Telling her she has a lot of potential and that you will help her build her up-line. Telling her you would help her build her business. Then, ultimately act differently than what you say, what you offer.

Here my friend is opening herself up to something new; new people, new opportunities, new hopes, new dreams, new possibilities. You bring her in, pump her up then turn around and say that you are intimidated by her. She makes you nervous with her watching you as her mentor. What?

My friend was so excited at that things this woman said, at the things this woman pumped into my friend and got her excited and got her to drive all over the area as a side kick attending these spa's all in one weekend in anticipation of getting prospects for her up-line. As promised by this woman.

My friend re-arranged her personal life and work life to come and be present, be supportive in hopes of getting these so-called recruits so that she too could be a part of the Arbonne dream. Then, when it came down to the actual spa's that weekend, instead of being a good leader, instead of being a good partner, instead of fulfilling her promises to support my friends up line - instead, instead, instead – instead of all of that..... this woman requested that my friend sit in the kitchen alone because this woman felt over-whelmed and stressed out by my friend’s presence. What? Who do you think you are?

Not only did you ask my friend to sit in the kitchen away from the group, but you didn't even introduce who she was or why she was there to the spa party. Everyone wondering why she's there? How awkward. Who do you think you are?

Oh we are not finished yet. So not only did you make my friend drive all over the area running on false promises, but when she got to these spas to support you and be a partner what did you do? You ask her to hide in the kitchen by herself while you worked your 'so-called magic'. You did not introduce her to anyone, you did not let her participate when the recruiting occurred to these so called 'up line recruits' and then when it came to scheduling time with these so called 'up line recruits' you were going to let her have not only did you not let her talk but you scheduled appointments and didn't even ask about my friends schedule! You simply scheduled appointments for recruiting that where supposedly for my friend and didn't even ask my friend to join the discussion or ask about availability of her schedule? Who do you think you are?

We're still not done. Then, at the very end of this exhausting, humiliating, self-deflating weekend ...after the very last spa you outright questioned my friends loyalty to the program.

You questioned her dedication. THAT my friend really means.... you: questioned her loyalty; you questioned her weeks of confirmation and prayer to even joining this ridiculous organization; you questioned her believe; you questioned her confidence; you questioned her goals; you question her perseverance.

You filled her with false promises that if she did this marathon-spa weekend that she could get the recruits and desperately needed get the extra business she needed to make a certain ‘quota’ for that month. Not only that, but you then you turn around and send her deflating notes like - ' Okay girl, time to get serious’…..’Ok girl, we need to get you going’….. ‘Ok girl,’……blah blah blah…… You know what, 'girl'. You listen up.

My friend has worked really hard and sells an average of $1000 per spa. I’d say that’s not too bad considering she’s only been doing this…..OH…JUST A FEW MONTHS.

You know what ‘girl’. My friend’s average sale per spa is more than your average in sales per spa and you ‘girl’ are a Regional Vice President.

You are intimidated by my friend because she’s good at this? You are intimidated because her average spa sale is more than yours? You are intimidated because she had a dream just like you did and is working hard at succeeding just like you did? You are intimidated because she brings a different kind of enthusiasm, involvement, professionalism and confidence to this program? What is it ‘girl’? You tell me?

What are you intimidated over? Why do you offer something only to turn around and take it away? Why do you not only take it away, but then you send conflicting messages like she’s not working hard enough?

You make promises and then your ridiculous, self-serving actions clearly state otherwise. Don't turn around 'girl' and give MY friend weekly notes telling her and making her feel she's not doing everything she possibly can to get her business going. She has busted her *** these last two months.

Who do you think you are?

How deflating. How humiliating. How unsupportive. How un-leadership like. How un-fellowship like. How un-motivational. How un-professional. How absurd.

Aren't you supposed to be building people up? Building their confidence? Building their trust? Building a business?

This is one *** of a lousy way to build a business.

I am writing this because I am fired up. I am mad. I’ve been listening and being supportive of my friend but people need to know what’s happening on the ground- level, in the trenches.

Everyone and every circumstance is different. But, think long and hard about my friend’s situation and if you like the way my friend was treated, then by all means join Arbonne.

London, England, United Kingdom #620997

I signed up as a consultant, thought I'd try some new products with a discount.The products are ok but not worth the price once the 20% Vat and shipping costs are added in.

What really p*ssed me off was being told that if I spent 200.00 GBP on products in the first month, I would receive another 200.00 GBP of products free at point of order, in order to help me "Arbonnise" my home. I contacted my upline when I was ordering to ask where I could see the free products and she told me I actually had to spend 250.00 GBP to get any free products and I would be emailed after my order had been processed and my card had been charged. I submitted my order, received the products I had bought - 250.00 plus 50 Vat and 16.00 shipping and contacted customer services about the free products. I was told that the were no free products and to report my upline but other than that there was nothing they could do.

So I won't be "Arbonnising" my home. As I said above, the products are ok, but not better than a medium end retailer and I won't be buying anymore as I don't like being lied to in order to get my upline's qvs up. She then asked me when I was going to buy my 6 gold bags, hmmm, is sharing cosmetics not unhygeinic?

Why no smaller bags of samples, surely they would be cheaper and cleaner than sharing out full RE9 sets between strangers.Opinion - ok cosmetics but out of control / scamming business model.

Arbonne products are nothing but mediocre and can even cause you irritations if you have very sensitive skin. If you do your research, majority of the people who have tried those products will attest to that. Only those desperate Arbonnized *** will tell you otherwise.

I use Arbonne RE9 daily moisture and it seems to be fine. I am not a one brand person, I also use Proactive cleanser, Estee Lauder night cream and Serum, Dead Sea Mineral toner and Loreal eye cream.

I don't have sensitive skin or acne prone skin. I am over 35 and have started using facial care products for the >40 group in an attempt to thwart wrinkles.

The RE9 works for me and has an SPF in it, but when I tried using the full line the scent was a bit much for me.

I find that I can use one bottle of a product and then have to switch to another for the next bottle to continue to have effective skin care.

I have a friend who sells arbonne and is dying to have me as a recruit.Unfortunately I scour the web endlessly for the good, bad and the ugly.

Arbonne is not All natural, pure, or always beneficial. And the comment about UPS is silly. Meiessence has a negative carbon footprint. How's that?

Or how are they rated with fed ex? Who cares.

If they don't have anything to hide make the ingredients easily accessible to anyone, and sign the compact for safe cosmetics and join ewg.Who care if they are "above it" if you have nothing to hide, don't hide!!

Get a life, Chloe!If you're that confident with your products then there would be no need for you to be on this website, lurking on every comment and review.

Good products speak for themselves.Being so arrogantly defensive does not change facts.Just sayin :)