Arbonne International - Review about Self Tanner from Toronto, Ontario

I used the self tanner by arbonne as directed.I had the worst reaction.

I've never had any bad reactions to self tanners from any other company. My eyes swelled. I had large red swollen areas. It was very painful.

I've never had a reaction to any other skin line ever. Would never suggest anyone use these products. I was sold a bunch of products by arbonne through a sales rep of the company. but nothing was great.

I felt like I was using a cheap product.I went back to using products that my skincare clinic suggests.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 8 Yes 8 5 No 5
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Jul 16 #1185858 Garswood, England

As directed with the Arbonne self tanning lotion avoid application in the area of the eyes, lips, mucous membrane and hairline and by looking at the pictures you have uploaded i can see you have obviously applied it around your eyes. Look at products in more depth next time or ask your skincare clinic about the product before you use it.

Jan 29 #1102676

Yep same experience. Every product I used did nothing for me. Shampoos are "dry" and didn't like the baby products either. Although I know a few women who love some of Arbonnes products. Fortunately they will refund your money even if you have used the product.

Nov 29, 2015 #1071000

You've never had a bad reaction to anything but you have a skincare clinic? Why would you have a skincare clinic unless you already have problem skin.

2 0 Reply

Feb 17, 2015 #947116

You obviously had an alergic reaction, so what. Shiitt happens, so don't use it again. But clearly the product is fine for a lot of people. Fkknng whiners man. And the sheeple that agree with them and jump on the bandwagon claiming it's a bad product. Dipshiitts simply do not understand logic.

4 5 Reply
Momma Bon Bon

Sep 26, 2014 #875689

I absolutely love this product. It is the only self-tanner that I find looks natural.

5 3 Reply

Sep 15, 2014 #870242

I can't use the product either. It has too many chemicals in there. Absolutely not natural. So I guess their motto pure-safe and beneficial is ***. Read the labels. It's better to use the organic spray tans. They don't aggravate the skin like this brand

Feb 28, 2015 #952197 South Lyon, Michigan

Arbonne does not have chemicals in their products. They are natural which means that people with allergies to different shrubs bushes etc. outside, may have an allergy to any one or more of these products. A skin patch test is always recommended before applying products to the face. I suggest you practice what you preach and read the labels.I have used this product for two years now and not had a problem with it. If I did, I would simply use the 45 day return policy they have be quiet about it. Try comparing the Arbonne label to the organic label. Let me know after that if you still think that Arbonne has chemicals in it and what those so called chemicals are.

1 6 Reply

Sep 19 #1215243 Savannah, Georgia

Arbonne products were formulated in Switzerland, but manufactured in the US. Europe bans 1100 harmful chemicals in products, US only bans 11.

Sep 06, 2014 #866806 Camden, New Jersey

sorry to see this reaction. anytime using a new product, it is good to do a sample test somewhere especially when wanting to use on your face. it looks as thought with the swelling and redness (those are general signs and reactions similar to allergy related). it is sad that you have now sworn off an entire company and product line but are also suggesting that others do as well. instead, as an educated consumer perhaps posting your reaction and recommending others test on smaller areas first, or elliminating or reducing any products possibly mixing together when trying something new on your face or that close to your eyes would be more useful than this review. if you have other questions or would need a tip, reach out. others are here to help as you should want to help others too.

4 8 Reply

Sep 11, 2014 #868906

How much do you really want to help this poor girl?

Oct 26, 2014 #890783

You obviously have some sort of relation with the company. The product sucks.

Jun 18, 2014 #829000 Louisville, Kentucky

I've been using the self tanner and haven't had a problem with it. I also don't put it anywhere around my eyes either, but that's just me (though I do use it on my face). My only issue with it, on my face, is that I've been breaking out more with it than I do without using anything, but I think that's par for course b/c of putting a product on my face in general.

2 1 Reply

Jun 17, 2014 #828360 Calgary, Alberta

Imagine all the bunnies that get tested with products... they go thru that everyday!

2 3 Reply

Jun 24, 2014 #831181

i love the tanner. actually, I love all the products. I'm incredibly skin and nutrition sensitive. these work for me. THEY ARE CRUELTY FREE and no GMO. sure I wish bulk items were an option, otherwise, how is paying sam's club for $30 a year for a good deal any different, except these are high quality, skin sensitive, autoimmune supportive, and they come with a positive community. they will cost more than budget items on a coupon string. true. but go ahead give money to a company who doesn't care who you are. its an interesting choice.

6 2 Reply

Aug 03, 2014 #850663

Arbonne does not test their products on animals. Hope you're not claiming they do.

8 0 Reply
Stupid ppl

Oct 26, 2014 #890784

But they do though... Do some research before you post.

0 2 Reply

Feb 28, 2015 #952200 South Lyon, Michigan

*** ppl,
Arbonne does not do animal testing! You should check the company out before you make slanderous comments like that! You tell others to do some research before posting, I would like you to practice what you preach. Show me where it says that Arbonne does animal testing.

1 0

Feb 28, 2015 #952198 South Lyon, Michigan

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.